IPL is all about entertainment. This world runs on entertainment. With people so involved and buried in their hectic routine lives, IPL sets you as a recreation. Considering the limited over format, people look more towards the big hitting and boundaries than the bowling spell.
Here are the top 10 batsman who performed amazingly well in 2014 and are anticipated to perform in IPL 2015.
1. Robin Uthappa : Him, who has won Orange cap in IPL 2014 has been brought to the the team KKR to strengthen their contigent. . He is a utility cricketer who has batted in various positions. He is also an outstanding fielder, a reliable wicketkeeper and can even bowl slow medium pace.
2. Dwayne Smith : Smith now also doubles up as a decent medium-pacer with more than 120 wickets to his name in first-class cricket and more than 75 scalps in T20s. In IPL, he plied his trade for the Mumbai Indians till 2013 before being snapped up by CSK in the 2014 IPL Player Auction.
3. Glenn Maxwell : Glenn Maxwell’s potential as an all-rounder was recognised in his debut season of 2010 itself. He was a part of the Delhi Daredevils in 2012 and was bought by the Mumbai Indians at the 2013 IPL Player Auction for USD 1 million – which was also the year’s highest bid. A big hitter of the ball, he was recruited by KXIP in the 2014 IPL Auction and he’s the one to be responsible for KXIP’s reach to the finals.
4. David Warner : And after spending five seasons with the Delhi franchise, he was signed by the Sunrisers Hyderabad during the 2014 IPL Player Auction for INR 5.5 crores. Being the captain he scored with an audactiy leading the team to a dignified position.
5. Suresh Kumar Raina : Starting from the first IPL, being in the team; Raina is the only batsman to have scored over 400 runs in each IPL season and with 2802 runs, is the highest run-getter in IPL. In Raina, CSK have a real match-winner in their ranks.
6. Virender Sehwag : Apart from being an attacking batsman, he is a handy off-spinner and is known to use his wiles to both check the flow of runs, and take wickets. Sehwag was the “Icon” player for the Delhi Daredevils when the IPL was formed, and was with the franchise till 2013 before being bought by KXIP in the 2014 Auction.
7. David Miller : A powerful middle-order bat, he is also an outstanding fielder. Miller, who scored 418 runs from 12 games, including an unbeaten century for the Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2013, was one of the two players to be retained by the franchise ahead of IPL 2014 auction.
8. Jean Paul Duminy : An excellent fielder, JP Duminy possesses the ability to bat according to the situation. The experienced campaigner can be just as fluent with big hits as he is with defensive strokes and is also a handy off-spinner. He certainly is a biggest asset to Delhi Dare Devils.
9. Brendon McCullum : Brash, brutal and brilliant to watch, Brendon McCullum can bruise bowling attacks like few other men in international cricket. A wicketkeeper-batsman, he was responsible for getting the IPL off to an electrifying start, lighting up the tournament’s first match with a 158 and showing what the format had to offer. Being in CSK, adds up the flavour.
10. Manish Pandey : It took one spectacular innings to thrust Manish Pandey into the limelight. A flamboyant right-hand top-order batsman, Pandey scored an unbeaten 114 for the Royal Challengers Bangalore against the Deccan Chargers in IPL 2009. . After turning out for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the first three seasons of the IPL, Pandey was signed by the Pune Warriors prior to IPL 2011 and continued his stint with the team even in IPL 2013 before being purchased by KKR at the 2014 Player Auction.
Let’s see what they all have in their baskets for us.